Do you enjoy working in an R&D Environment? Would like to work in area where science and coding collide? Would you like to work at company whose software will allow you to deepen knowledge mathematics, physics or engineering? If so you may want to get in touch for more detail on this opportunity.
About the Role
We are looking for a Test engineer with excellent software testing skills. You will be part of a testing and engineering team working on a very complex product used by international clients.
Activities will include:
- Carry out a mixture of UI and automated script-based tests on products.
- Define test cases for new software features.
- Define new software releases test plans.
- Logging and tracking issues to the product teams.
- Configure test environments on virtual/remote machines.
- Familiar with software installation and configuration.
- Investigating and performing root cause analysis of reported issues.
- Develop new strategies to validate all aspects of the lifecycle of the software.
- Contributing to test strategies, including the assessment of technologies and methods used for the continuous integration, test, and delivery of pipeline products.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Science or Mathematics is essential
- Previous experience in enterprise level software products testing including both automated and manual testing.
- A good understanding of the software development process
- Good writing skills (for documenting the software)
- Good communications and consultancy skills
- Additional experience of interest: .NET C#, SQL Server, Automated Test Frameworks
- Comfortable operating in deadline driven environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, rigorous and attentive to detail
About the Company
Award winning and market leading engineering company which develops a set of software tools used by clients worldwide. Well established and successful they are looking to add to team of very talented professionals to keep moving forward.
Please apply online or send your CV directly to Chris Devine. If you have additional questions and wish to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, feel free to give Chris a call on 0141 370 9933.